MooreMelodies is so very happy to welcome you to our new musical adventure; MelodyMakers!!
Simple movement is introduced and bouncing, lifting, carrying, cuddling and tIckling are always very popular.
Our Baby Fun Time session includes the use a variety of props and bubbles........loved by babies and enjoyed by adults too!
There are many reasons to sing with your baby. Here are just a few:
1. Your baby loves your voice, just as it is.
2. It's great for language development. Your baby hears words they wouldn't hear otherwise. Like Ally. And Bally.
3. Babies love repetition. So much of what they experience is mysterious to them, but a song with a repeated chorus, repeated action, repeated tickling, lets them understand what is happening. They get to predict the tickle, anticipate it, then enjoy it when it comes, and feel 'yeah! I got it right!'
4. Singing is the basis for developing a musical ear, which is the basis of a good, formal, music education. Having a musical ear is all about hearing the note in your head before producing it. Sometimes children learn to play musical instruments mechanically, without really understanding or 'hearing' what they are doing. They can read the sheet, make the note, by doing what the teacher tells them, but they don't really understand and they are not developing musically. Hearing the note in your head before producing it is an essential skill for improvising or writing music, and singing develops this skill in the most natural way. Because, before you can sing a note, you have to hear it in your head first.
5. Babies' brains are like sponges. A baby's brain will double in size in the first year. They take on board the patterns of rhythm and pitch (important elements of music theory), just by listening.
6. When you sing you are creating music, and creating is empowering. You are also telling your baby that they can create music (because, of course, they want to grow up to be just like you). Children nowadays are exposed to so much pre-packaged entertainment (computer, TV, CD, jingle-at-the-touch-of-a-button) but you can offset this by modelling real, honest music (i.e. a song).
Sessions are run on a Wednesday morning, 9.30am- 10.15am.
First session is FREE
Sessions are in a homely and calm environment
call 0800 988 6141 to book!
Rebecca is a professional vocal coach and singer in her own right with many years of performing and coaching experience. She is passionate with all things singing related!